Why Work in Technology?
My professor really made me think about the different aspects of working in technology and these are just some of the key takeaways that I have from the first day of lecture. I learned some things that I did not already know but I also gained some insight from a professional.
- Learn to deal with ambiguity – depending on where you work no one is going to tell you how to accomplish a goal
- It is extremely hard to define value – does the wage gap exist? Maybe, but two jobs are never truly 100% the same.
- Technology is the lifeblood of a company – in a more ever connected world technology will help drive innovation and jobs
- Jobs in technology are more secure than any other field, people willing to work in the industry have half of the average unemployment
- The salaries are good – you make a lot more than the median wage in the US
- This field will only keep on growing
- And of course… don’t drink and drive 🙂